Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Well, here goes the first post which of course only I will read but..
Last night we hand an 'As Lon Would Say- El Five-O of Mayo Party'. It was so much fun and we had loads of great people over! It was very last minute (see shrunken email in envelope) and of course I told him it was unlikely anyone would make it...but as usual, almost everyone did! Now here are the funny parts:

1. Lon said he would be home late and showed up at 5 pm (VERY early for the guy who doesn't walk in on an 'early day' until 7 pm
2. He grumbled and groaned about how there were too many people and can't a man just relax in his own house- but after everyone left he said, "Hey that was fun. I like when you plan spur of the moment parties like that." No oxymoron there or anything:).
3. I- known for compulsion to photograph every event under the sun, took only two pictures!!!!! and they were really to document how much taller Emily is than I am.
4. Sar brought me a beautiful red rose (dethorned and everything) which I promptly stripped of its leaves while greeting her- I didn't even know I was doing it!

Memory Notes:

Who came- Errigos, Bandas, Belichaks, Barretts, Tardifs (last minute but yea), Hudsons, and us of course
What we ate- Tri tip, grilled veggies, beer and black beans (OK Kelly Errigo you will be invited to every party I throw just so we can eat anything you bring); yummy chile verde and flan from Uncle Bob (oh to have married a man who can cook like that), hot layered mexican dip Marji Banda is our go to dip lady; chili and rice from the Hudsons; chicken enchiladas and citrus salad by yours truly (the enchiladas were frozen Safeway store brand- and I got a on of compliments and of course Atar made me add strwberries to the salad); and the killer red smoke grill chopped salad plus premade Margaritas from Auntie Barb



Why- Happy Mexican Independence Day

No comments:

Post a Comment